Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saturday news

My Clematis is finally blooming! Pam gave me a sprout three years ago and this year has the biggest and prettiest blooms.
Micki and I went to yard sales this morning. There were about five community yard sales!
I got these swim trunks for Gavin....
 A pair of curtains for the deck............
 A tube for the pool...........
 A vintage hankie.............
 Frozen , Monsters Inc, and Pets characters
 I saw a post on Facebook using a chandelier to hang hummingbird feeders on. Thought I'd try with this small one.....
 A sign to state the obvious.........
 Something for Bob and Hank...............
 Spiderman and Marvel hero books for the grand-boys.....
 Mesh for Ashton to make wreaths..............
 Masks for the grand-boys........and Spiderman cards for Declan.....
 A box of yarn and other craft goodies for $5!


I finished my Persian Tiles blanket yesterday. Isn't it pretty?






It's been almost three weeks since Mama died. Every now and then I catch myself thinking I should go check on her or call her and tell her about a TV show she'd enjoy. When Daddy died fifteen years ago, I knew I could always go home cause Mama was there. Now, it's so strange knowing there's no one there. I still look out my bedroom window each morning to see if her bedroom light is on. I know it'll get better, but I still miss my mama.

No comments: